Mystery (bookbinding?) tool

I came across a drawer full of these next to bone folders, awls, and other bookbinding tools. Does anybody know what this is?

Update: I posted this question to the Book-Arts-L and immediately got the answer: it’s a scalpel handle. So now I know. I just happen to have a scalpel blade.