Juried exhibition of handmade artist books with theme on Florida Nature:
natural resources of Florida – places, animals, and plants occurring in
Exhibition Dates: October 2-26, 2008
LeMoyne Center for the Visual Arts
125 North Gadsden Street, Tallahassee, Florida
- Open to artist books of any medium and style created as either part of an edition or one-of- a-kind.
- Open to all living artists over 18 years of age who reside in the North America.
- Artwork must have been completed within the last 3 years.
- Work must be for sale.
- Text in the book is optional.
- Artist books must be hand-bound.
- Artist/writer collaborations are welcome.
- Works created from another artist’s work are not eligible. Submission of an entry to this exhibition acknowledges the right of the exhibition organizers to use it for publication and promotional purposes, and that any permission required to publish text or image has been obtained by the entrant.
- All artwork must remain on view until the exhibition closes on October 26.
Sales & Commissions
- Exhibited work is subject to a 40% commission for any works sold during the exhibition. Prices may not be changed after submission.
- Sold artwork must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
- Purchasers will be notified of the pick-up dates and times at the time of the sale. Payments to the artist will be made within 30 days after the close of exhibition.
LeMoyne assumes responsibility for the artwork from the time the artwork is received until leaves the building and is shipped back to, or picked up by, the artist. LeMoyne is not responsible for art while in transit.
Email Beth Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Julia DeHoff, 850-224-9751, if you have questions or need more information.
How to Enter
- Submit JPEG images on CD (readable by PC). Label each submission with the artist’s name and book title.
- Submit up to three artist books, and up to three images per artist book. Each book submission must include at least one image of the book closed and one of the book open.
- Please include a 1-page résumé/artist's statement, and a complete list of works including title, medium(s), size and weight, price and any special installation requirements.
- Please include SASE for notification and return of images if no work is accepted. Images of accepted work will not be returned.
- Check for entry fee ($15 for up to 3) made out to LeMoyne Center for the Visual Arts.
Postmark deadline July 11, 2008.
Where to send entries:
Feathers, Fins & Foliage Entry,
c/o LeMoyne Center for the Visual Arts
125 N. Gadsden Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Shipping Accepted Work
- Delivered artwork must be exactly as it appears on the slide with no alterations.
- Complete instructions for shipping or hand-delivery will be sent with notice of acceptance. UPS is recommended. Shipped work must be sent in a reusable box or crate. No CODs will be accepted. Enclose a prepaid return shipping label from the shipper.
- Artwork unclaimed after the pick-up date will be donated to a non-profit organization.
An artists’ reception will be held October 2, 2008. All artists are encouraged to attend the opening reception.
All artist books will be displayed in protected display cases. We plan to offer an opportunity for a carefully controlled hands-on examination of the artist books. We will require clean hands but not gloves, since the tactile aspect of book art is so important to the experience of the art. If you prefer not to allow your book to be touched, please indicate this on the form which will be provided in the acceptance materials.